Cell: 972.375.3257 Email:Hughes.email@example.com
Obtain a human resources generalist role where I can utilize my
expertise and education to improve employee retention and satisfaction. I am scheduled to take the PHR exam December
Masters of Business Administration
The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas
Bachelors of Fine Arts in Cinema
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
November 1998 - Present
DFW Diversity Council Chair
August 2005 - Present
- Coordinate with Senior and Divisional Executives in the DFW area to identify
and design both short and long term diversity strategies that are aligned with company strategic imperatives and
- Developed and implemented two-day senior leadership diversity training pilot.
Resulted in three sessions of thirty participants (Sept and Oct 2007).
- Led the revitalization of the DFW Diversity Council and initiated a membership
drive resulting in a 75% increase in membership of cross-regional representation and the launch of new inclusion
initiatives targeted at enhancing employee engagement and retention.
- Improved the hiring and retention of diversity candidates 6% through local sourcing
opportunities which included National Black MBA and National Hispanic MBA.
- Developed and implemented competency development training plan for diversity
- Created awareness program to include hosting speakers (Darla Miles from News
8), delivering monthly Power Points through closed circuit television and sponsoring events for all employees (Juneteenth
- Partnered with Talent Acquisition in recruiting for diversity candidates at Texas
Diversity Conference. Resulted in evaluation of sourcing opportunities.
Senior Business Analyst, Master Data
January 2006 - Present
- Led re-location of department to manage a centralized customer master files department.
Documented desktop procedures and delivered training to transfer processes from one business unit to another (cross-country).
Resulted in the seamless transition of processes and a reduction in FTE from 9 to 6 with a total annual savings
- Certified Six Sigma Greenbelt with successful projects involving process re-engineering
and development of training metrics.
Senior Accounting Manager, Inventory Finance
January 2002 - January 2006
- Managed a team of five exempt employees responsible for maintaining a real time
profit and loss inventory account in SAP.
- Led re-organization of department from financial reconciliation to a new real
time profit and loss inventory account. Resulted in a stable department of eighteen exempt employees with standard
operating procedures which comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Delivered training for the re-engineered functional inventory processes in the
implementation of a technical upgrade.
Centralized Billing Manager
March 1999 - January 2002
- Managed a team of ten non-exempt employees in a billing department (generates
$1.2 billion in sales) for large pharmaceutical national retail chains (Albertsons, Eckerd, Wal-Mart).
- Interviewed and staffed a new department of 28 (2 additional managers and 25
SAP and Microsoft software products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access), MS Project,
SHRM and Dallas HR