The Hughes Family State of Affairs for 2001
For our immediate family, the year has been fairly uneventful. Considering what many families
have had to deal with, I am thankful for this uneventful year.
I continue to work for Rockwell Collins. Beverly is still the Interim Pastor for Congregational
Care at First Presbyterian Richardson Texas. David is a High School Math Teacher in Allen Texas. Sara is an Accountant
for Perkins, Dexter, Sinopoli & Hamm PC in Richardson Texas.
I haven't used the Ham Radio much this year. Rather I have been faithful to working out at
the Bally Gymnasium and getting reacquainted with my guitar.
David bought a house and Sara is renting from him. He is also in Plano (about 4 miles from
us). He has been learning a lot about house and yard maintenance. He worked for a landscaper part of the summer
and knows more about Texas landscaping than I do.
Beverly has been dieting and working out at a local Gym. She looks great.
Sara and Beverly have had Lasik Eye Surgery. Now as I get older, rather than being the one
who dosen't need glasses, I'm the only one that does. That ain't right.
Things to look forward to in 2002:
- Beverly & Sara are planning on going to England and Ireland as part of a choir trip
- Sara will be an Official CPA having passed the tests and worked for a CPA for 2 years
A Blow by Blow Account Of The Year
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Live well & Enjoy!!
- We spent New Years with good friends
- We went to New Orleans and met up with Jim & Pat. This was one of the places that both
Beverly and I had on our list of places to see
- My folks and Gary & Kathy came to Texas for a visit. We went sight seeing and to a Rangers
- I had a local reenactment of the "Texas Chain Saw Massacre" as I got my left index
finger caught in a chain saw. Its nearly back to normal now but boy did that hurt. (nine stitches and a few missing
- I finished up a Java programming class at the Community College
- Friends from Shellsburg Iowa came for a visit
- I took my folks to Indiana for my Uncle Dean and Aunt Alice's 60th anniversary
- David bought a house
- Beverly traveled to New York for a study leave at Collgate and was able to visit her sister
- We went to Greeley Colorado to visit family and to commemorate Lou Berning's life.
- Beverly turned the big Five Oh (50).
- Beverly and a friend went to Seattle and the surrounding area for a Birthday present to
- We celebrated our 30th Anniversary several times
- I started to take a Guitar Class at the local Community College. Its good therapy for my
finger and I enjoy it. I thought I'd do one for fun rather than another technical class this time.
- The World Trade Center was bombed
- My folks came for a visit. We went to the State Fair.
- We went to Panora Ia for the Bridge Group Weekend
- Off to Las Vegas to celebrate being 50 and our 30th Anniversary again. We didn't win. Enjoyed
the shows though
- Get ready to do it all over again
Wayne & Beverly Hughes