The Hughes Family State of Affairs
1517 Aylesbury Ln, Plano TX, 75075 - (972)423-8611 - http://rcclub.org/~wihughes/wayne
I continue to work as an Engineer at Rockwell Collins, Inc. and Beverly continues to be the
Presbyterian Minister in Commerce TX. (http://lonestar.rcclub.org/~wihughes/therevbev)
This year can be summed up in two words: Busy and Travel. This year our jobs have been very
demanding and we have made a number of trips including two out of the country (England and Japan).
The two big events we are preparing for next year are the birth of our first granddaughter
and our daughter's wedding. Looks like 2006 will be busy too.
I still haven't made the motorcycle trip to the Palo Duro Canyon (south of Amarillo, TX)
to see the Hoo Doos. I now have a dependable motorcycle but not enough free time. Next year!
Baby Zoe is due around Valentines Day! Bev already has been buying outfits! There goes retirement.
Sara and Leigh will be getting married on May 13 2006. The wedding will be in Richardson
TX and the reception will be in Plano TX. Their wedding page is at http://lonestar.rcclub.org/~wihughes/wedding_sara_leigh/
A Blow by Blow Account of the Year
- Sara and Leigh announced that they will be getting married next year
- Sara's 28th B'Day
- Beverly traveled to Atlanta as a representative to the conference of churches
- We vacationed for a week in London. Visited Pat and Jim who were there for a faculty exchange
- David & Elaine announced that we are going to be grandparents in February
- Moved my mother from Des Moines to an assisted living apartment in Marion Ia.
- Elaine's 34th Birthday
- Beverly and Sara made a quick trip to Cedar Rapids IA
- Sara and Leigh bought a house and moved to Carrollton TX (mid cities)
- Mission Trip to Japan - Visited FPC Commerce TX' sister church. Traveled to Tokyo, Furakawa,
Toyoma, Tijiri and Sendai
- Beverly turned 54 the day we left Japan. Since the sun rose and sat twice that day, Beverly
had two birthdays this year but still only counts it as one
- Our 34th Wedding Anniversary
- David and Elaine's 2nd Anniversary
- Met up with the old Bridge Club and saw Claudia
- Beverly moved into different living quarters in Commerce TX. A
house built in 1927.
- Bev found the hidden laundry area in the Commerce TX house!
- Had 16 for turkey day.
- Open house in Commerce for the church
- David's 31st Birthday
Beverly - email@example.com 972-333-8292(m), David - firstname.lastname@example.org , Elaine - email@example.com,
Sara - firstname.lastname@example.org, Wayne - Wayneh901@cs.com 214-289-1077(m)
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Live well & Enjoy!!
Wayne & Beverly Hughes