Hughes Family State of Affairs for 2023
8305 Monica Cir Plano TX 75025-4805 -
(214) 289-1077(m) http://TheRevBev.Com
- Been A Difficult Year (Too Many Maladies) For Family And Friends
- I Was Recovering From A Successful Left Ankle Replacement (Fifth Surgery In 2 Years).
- We Attended A Few Tribute Performances Of 60's And Early 70's Music.
- Beverly Started Preaching As A Pulpit Supply Pastor Helping Struggling Churches.
Spine Took A Shift Such That Steroid Injections Werenít
She Had 2 Scoliosis Surgeries
Was Wicked Hot! The Sun's High Level Of CMEs
Bore Down On Us. Dang!!!
A Month By Month
Account Of The Year
- I Was Recovering From My 5th Ankle Surgery, Also PT Yet Again
- As A Preventive Measure, Beverly Had A Hysterectomy
- I Attended The Funeral For Our Friend Lynn Jump Who Died Unexpectedly
- ZoŽ's 17th B'Day.
- James' 13th B'Day
- Our Typical Valentine's Day Icey Weather Came Early This Year. As Usual, North Texas Was Shut Down.
- Beverly Preached At Honey GroveTX Presbyterian With Our Family In
Attendance. Followed Up With Easter Dinner At The Windom TX Feed
The Pandemic Behind Us, Graduation Ceremonies Can Again Be Held.
Our Youngest Grandchild (Michael) Graduated From Elementary.
- Sara & Leigh's 17th Anniversary
- Leigh's B'Day
And Daughters Took A Driving East Coast Round Trip Of ~5,500 Miles Visiting 6
Flags Affiliated Amusement Parks And Friends At The Stops.
Met Up With David & Elaine's Family In Ft Lauderdale Then
Celebrated Their 20th Anniversary On A Week Long Caribbean Cruise.
Our Granddaughters Are Becoming Adults.
- We Had A Hailstorm (3rd In 25 Years). Result: A New Roof On The House And Dent Repair On The Pickup.
- We Celebrated The Forth At The Godecke's Who Had Just Returned A Day Earlier From A Cruise Through Croatia, Greece and Turkey.
- Our Des Moines Friends - The Potratz Came To Texas For A Visit. We Caught Up And Played Cards.
- Our 52nd Anniversary
Took A Quick Road Trip To Iowa Prior To Beverly's Surgery. Visited
Folks In Des Moines And Met JD And Harriet Half Way. I Enjoyed
Some BPT Sandwiches
- Beverly Had Scoliosis Surgeries With A Painful Recovery
Turned 72. So Far The 70's Aren't The Best
- Beverly Is Out Of The Hospitals And Home
- Beverly's Sister Pat Came To TX To Assist
- Maia's 16th B'Day. Has A DL And A Car
- David & Elaine's 20th Anniversary
- Beverly's Surgery Is In The Recovery Phase
- Reunion With The CR Friends In Galena IL
- Halloween At
David & Elaine's Haunted House, a record attendance
This is amazing considering they only ran it for just over 2
hours. It was really scary and they have all kinds of new ideas
for next year>
- Grace's 14th B'Day.
visit to surgeon for three month check up. She was
delighted that many restrictions were dropped or lessened because
the X-ray looked perfect. Three more months until the next checkup with more restrictions lifted.
is seeing a lot of games football, volleyball, soccer and a new one
for Maia; girls wrestling, she gets better every match.
Feast - The Whole Family At The Godecke's
- Bev is back to some of her activities and had bridge at our house twice the week before Thanksgiving.
James and Micheal are playing horns in band. as an 8th
grader, James tried out to play with the all region bands.
He succesfully placed second for euphonium.
- We are Having our Faith Sharing group over for a Christmas Party. We do this every year because they are neat folks.
- We are having other Christmas parties and events. Bev is preaching Christmas Eve in Honey Grove TX.
- Michael's 12th B'Day
- David's B'Day (he thinks he'll be 29 for a number of years)
- Zoe's (Our First Grandchild) Highschool
Graduation. Has been accepted to all of her favorite schools.
Now comes the hard part getting financial aid.
- Travel with Mary and Evan Potratz to hear some great music.
- Bev to stay healthy and Wayne to get to have his knees done.
- Going to Pat and Jim's in the Spring!
Wayne - email@example.com
Do Come To Texas For Vacation. If Y'all
Want To Take A Vacation, You Are Welcome To Come On Down!
We'd Enjoy It.
Christmas & Happy New Year - Live well & God Bless!!
Wayne & Beverly Hughes